How to CURE a porn addiction? – Doctor Explains
In this video we will cover how to cure a porn addiction. This video is part of a video series on sex related medical problems.
Find the playlist here:
What a porn addiction is?
A pornography addiction, is an addiction where someone compulsively engages in sexual activity with the usage of porn. The word compulsively is key here. It means: performing an action persistently and repetitively without it necessarily leading to an actual reward or pleasure. And this touches on the problem.
Is porn addiction a classified addiction?
Although there seem to be extreme cases of “porn addiction”, Porn addiction itself is medically neither classified as a mental disorder nor an addiction in the DSM-5 or ICD-11. Which both are extremely important classification manuals.
Tips and tricks:
– Get rid of all your porn.
– Break your habit loop. If you feel the urge to watch porn, replace it with something else you like to do.
– You could instal blocking software on all your digital devices.
– Enabling your computers Parental controls.
– Get an accountability partner. Someone you report to if you have a slip-up.
If you tried all these tips, but still can’t overcome your porn addiction it might be time to contact a mental health professional.
They can possibly start cognitive-behavioral therapy or acceptance and commitment therapy. Both have been shown to be potentially effective treatments. But more research needs to be done to provide conclusive evidence.
– Disclaimer: this video and the comments are meant purely informational! This is not medical advice! If you are looking for medical advice always contact your own doctor. –
I want to give special thanks to my sponsors on Patreon:
– Sebastian Houwing: Investor
– Roel: Supporter
1: Bret. (2019). How to quit porn. Art of manliness.
2: Malenka RC. Nestler EJ. Hyman SE. (2009). Chapter 15: Reinforcement and Addictive Disorders. In Sydor A. Brown RY (eds.). Molecular Neuropharmacology: A Foundation for Clinical Neuroscience (2nd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill Medical.
3: Twohig MP. Crosby JM. (2010). Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as a Treatment for Problematic Internet Pornography Viewing. Behavior Therapy. 41 (3): 285–295.
4: Pietrangelo A. Legg TJ. (2019). Everything You Need to Know About Pornography ‘Addiction’. Healthline.
* The images in this video are used for educational purposes only. Most of the images and video material in this video come from
1. Verified Picasso, Fish Room
2. Patrick Patrikos, Good Times
3. Patrick Patrikios. Rockville
Follow me on instagram: @HOWTOMEDICATE
Follow me on twitter: @HOWTOMEDICATE
Support me on Patreon:
Books I used In Medical School:
Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry Seventh Edition,
Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology 14th Edition,
Human Anatomy & Physiology (12th Edition),
Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties,
Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medicine,
Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine,
Atlas of Human Anatomy (Netter Basic Science),
Netter’s Anatomy Flash Cards,
The House of God, S. Shem,
Gear I use:
Camera: Canon EOS M50:
Microphone: Boya Lavalier Microphone:
Microphone: Rode VideoMicPro:
Computer: Apple Macbook Pro: